New month, beginning of the week– why not.
- Spent most of the day smoking by the beach and writing a completely new piece for the ASPB Poetry Showcase. Performing a piece the same day it was written has always been a goal of mine.
- 6:30 pm Got to the HUB to perform a piece I was literally working on thirty minutes before I got there. By the time I met Anis Mojgani and shit got real it was too late to change my mind.
- 8:00 it was about my time to go on stage. My piece was basically me rambling but also sarcastically and conceptually diving deeper into the idea of having the undivided attention of a room full of a hundred strangers and “what kind of poet” i wanted to be in that time and in that space. What would anyone say for six minutes to a hundred strangers?
- 9:00 Anis Mojgani was absolutely amazing. One piece of advice we talked about back stage before the show was making the time every single day to write. Setting time aside for all things I want to do (ironically especially things of artistic nature) is the best way to become the person I want to become otherwise I’d be waiting all day for the “right moment”. I need to get back into my “one poem a day” swing.
- This also made me realize my poetry works best with a specific audience. my style is simply, NOT for everyone. i like that.
- Smoking on the balcony, eating chocolate, with like minded homies talking about music, poetry, writing, grass, energies, poverty, spirituality, and life was the perfect ending to the night.